Support, Advice & Information

The Director of Sixth Form and the Heads of Years’ offices are situated in the Chowen Centre. There is an open door policy, so if a students has a question or needs to talk something through they will always be accommodated.


Ms Handley will offer assistance with admissions, options, and financial support for Sixth Form students, as well as general administrative issues to do with the Sixth Form.

Pastoral Support


We recognise that the transition from GCSE to A Levels can be difficult, especially in a highly academic environment. We therefore seek to ensure that all our students have the support and guidance needed to make sure that they settle quickly and make good progress. A highly experienced team of form tutors work alongside subject teachers to assist each student in their academic work and to supervise progress and involvement in school life.

Careers and University Guidance


We offer a broad range of services to our students to assist students in moving onto the next stage in either their academic career or into employment. We never presume to know everything so we frequently bring in university experts to update and support our students in finding the right course and making a good application.

Financial Bursary Support


As a new sixth form student your eligibility for Free School Meals (FSM) will need to be reviewed at the start of your Year 12. Please complete the means assessment by following this link:


If you are approved for access to FSM you will receive a daily sum of £2.30 onto your biometric account for a meal. You will also be eligible for the 16-19 bursary to help towards the cost of travel and study resources.

You may also be eligible for access to the 16-19 bursary if you were in receipt of the Pupil Premium (PP) in Year 11; if you are living independently while studying at sixth form, or if you are a child in care. Access to the bursary is subject to approval, fair use and the amount available may change based on the number of applicants.

If you have any questions, please contact Mr Snelson:

Mr R Snelson